miércoles, 10 de febrero de 2010

The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful and so are you :)





Hola!
So rafting on saturday was a BLAST. It was so much more fun than the first time we went rafting. There were so many more rapids that were longer and harder. It was a thrill. I think I am addicted to rafting now. Sunday was the presidential election in Costa Rica and they elected their first female president, Laura Chinchilla. It was really neat to see election stuff here. People gather in the streets and have huge tables out in front of schools where voting takes place with their select candidates. They also drive around in cars, honking and holding up huge flags of the candidate they are supporting. It's so wild. I was walking to Don Jorge's house the other day and I waited almost 15 minutes to cross a simple street because there was parade of cars going by campaigning for Laura! It was neat to see it all.

Sunday was also the super bowl, which we did watch here! We had a party at one of the houses, it was really fun. We all brought dishes to pass--american foods. Monday a group of us girls went shopping. There is this store called Pequeno Mundo and it looks like a hardware store inside but they have really cute clothes! Tuesday, I had class early int he morning but afterwards a group of girls and I went to Escazu, a nice area about 15 from Santa Ana, on bus and...drumroll please...we got piercings! I got my nose pierced (don't be mad parents, it's classy) and so did another girl. We went to the same place that a few of my friends from last years trip went, so it was definitely sanitary! I'm really excited about it.


Today, we went to San Jose for the day. We went to a few museums, including a modern art exhibit which was really neat. We went to the Teatro National which was so beautiful. We learned a lot about the indigenuous tribes of Costa Rica and a lot about the history. Afterwards, we had literature class and coffee. I can't express how much I love the coffee here. Tonight I went to my first choir rehearsal, it was really neat! There are about 25 people in the choir, it's a good size and Don Jorge is a great director. Well, I'm going to get to bed. We are going to Monteverde this weekend which includes horseback riding, ziplining (I am TERRIFIED)/canopy walks. I'm excited none the less. Hope everyone is doing well! Nos vemos! ~Nora

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario