jueves, 4 de febrero de 2010

Just a day in the life


I'm sitting in a coffee shop right now, enjoying a Cafe con leche while updating my blog. We found a coffee shop called Zuka Cafe about 10 minutes from our house that has delicious cafe and free wireless internet. It's so nice; a piece of home. It's this cute little shop, very European looking which has coffe, sandwiches, paninis and salads. I am in heaven. There is a corner of the shop that has a couch with a few ottomans and a chic carpet. It is just so wonderful.


On monday, we went Rafting down the Pacuare river. It was such a thrill. I did not think I was going to enjoy it as much as I did. They were level 3-4 rapids and this saturday we are going rafting on the Rio Pascua which has level 4+ rapids. I'm so nervous but SO excited. On Monday, we were divided into two rafts, and no one fell out, we had no accidentes! Our rafting guide was hilarious as well! Constantly doing tricks and making jokes. I think it was my favorite thing we've done in Costa Rica thus far. I absolutely loved it. I cannot wait for this saturday!

This week has been pretty relaxing. We only had 2 classes yesterday, which was fabulous(we usually have 3 on wednesday). So instead of class some of the girls and I spent the afternoon exploring parts of Santa Ana that we hadn't seen before. This is how we found this Cafe shop :)
I had voice lessons with Jorge today. They went really well and I am going to start going to his choir next week. I think taking lessons with him is going to help me so much. He is so musical, he is really a renaissance man.

1 comentario:

  1. Rafting was one of my favorite trips as well. Sounds like your having a great time.

    That is so awesome about voice lessons! My friend Leslie and I had weekly marimba with Jorge. So much fun.

    Glad to hear you're having a good time. Love readin' the blog. Keep it up!

    su hermano,

    -Patricio

    ResponderEliminar